Perfecto || Los Angeles – USA
Sandra Collins’ in-demand DJing has kept her constantly globetrotting – everywhere from New Zealand to Romania to Mexico. What began as a humble interest morphed into serious business in the 90′s, when Sandra Collins emerged as one of the Los Angeles rave scene’s major players. Sandra is now, without question, one of the most recognized and beloved DJs in the business.
With her incessant worldwide touring, massive press coverage and hundreds of thousands of albums sold, Sandra has solidified her place as one of the most well-known female DJs in the world. The DanceStar Awards awarded her the 2003 Best DJ award over the likes of Louie Devito, Deep Dish and Bad Boy Bill among others. This award is part of a long list of stellar career achievements, which include URB Magazine’s 1999 “Best Female Artist”, an honor she shared with Lauryn Hill. She is also one of the few female DJs that graced DJ Mag’s Top 100 DJs. She also hosted the International Dance Music Awards in 2006 with Daniel Glass.
Whenever Sandra’s on the decks, you know you’re in for an unforgettable evening. She held a massively popular residency at legendary NYC club Twilo alongside Sasha & Digweed and Paul Van Dyk. Her memorable sets, such as the six hour set following Moby in front of 80.000 fans at the ’99 Woodstock Festival, as well as Coachella in 2002 and 2008, are evidence of her ability to convert those new to the scene into true electronic music fans. In 2005, Sandra created an audio-visual collaboration with VJ Vello Virkhaus called “Sv2 Presents: Interference”. This groundbreaking technical show integrated Sandra’s mixing with over a hundred videos created by her and Virkhaus. The cutting-edge show toured for 3 years, garnering much praise, a DJ Times cover and sponsorships from companies like Pioneer and Edirol.
Sandra’s popularity and reputation for bringing out the deeply emotional side of progressive house and trance has earned her a worldwide following. A tireless experimenter who is always in search of new sounds and platforms for her music, Sandra is in a class of her own, whether she’s performing at a music festival, a 10.000 person super club, or an intimate gallery space. She has become a true ambassador for American electronic music.
Sandra Collins 2B Continued guest mix / OPEN SPACE
1. Karmon – When Dark Becomes Light (Original Mix) – Diynamic Music
2. Smak (aka Steve McCready) – We Are The People (Interstellar Remix)
3. Kick 1 Kick 3 – Maetrik Sexy Remix – Bedrock
4. Miss Kitten – Life Is My Teacher (Borderline-Remix)
5. Trivedi – Equilibrium … Kash Trivedi – Opium (Original Mix) – PortRec
6. Metodi Hristov – Quake (Original Mix) – Bla Bla
7. Gecko – Departures (Original Mix) – Armada Music
8. Festen – Give It To Them (Original Mix) – Premier
9. Kiko & Mihalis Safras – Mentos (Original Mix) – Great Stuff
10. Tomas Barfod – Till We Die (Blond:ish Remix) – Doomwork
11. Tomas Barfod – November Skies (Original Mix) – Friends of Friends